Saturday, October 19, 2013

I don't Give A F**ck!


"father beats son for calling his mom a bitch"

So the other day a video of a young 16 year old man was circulating around Facebook again. His face was badly mutilated by his father who claims he did it because the young man called his mother a "bitch". If anyone takes the time to read the comments under the video they will see that most folks felt the father had the right to beat the crap out of his son for disrespecting his mother.



When I was growing up, I had a very abusive mother. My three brothers and I bore the brunt of her madness throughout our young lives and even into adulthood. But I would never call my mother a "bitch", actually I would never call another woman "bitch" I would have to be really, really pissed which I don't tend to get.

Anyways, my sentiments about this situation had me quite conflicted, as to whether the father's actions were justified. To me, the responses to this situation showed just how "violent" we as a human species can be, and how we feel right in our "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" mentality. Some of the commentators suggested that his father didn't beat him down good enough. Or should I say bad enough. It felt like that whole killing of Osama bin Laden, all over again. Sprinkled throughout the comments was some sensibility, like there had to be a little bit more to this than the news was saying. And the fact that the young man would post his injuries, was that a cry for help?? Who knows.

So, as often happens with me, a dream comes to explore this a little deeper and  help me see maybe another side of this not necessarily being shown openly.

I am in the room with my mother, and two brothers. I do a lot of role playing in my dreams. I am a teenager and my brothers are about 8years old and 10years old. My mother is verbally abusive. She uses the most foul language when speaking to me and my brothers. She ridicules us and calls us all kinds of names. Throughout my young years I would dare not speak any foul word back to her. I was filled with trepidation an fear and could not have the courage to respond to her in any other way than to submit to her.

But this day, she was completely over the top. I did all I could to ignore her or at least play it down. She continued to barrage me with all types of verbal insults. Then in an instant she shifts gears and starts to share something that was extremely personal to her. She is telling me about the plumber and the carpenter who came over to fix something in the house. Her whole demeanor changes into this sultry, feminine widow spider, who could seduce any man she wishes, and then she says boldly; " I could fuck both of them or either of them, if I wanted to. I could pick which one I wanted or just fuck 'em both."

And here is where I snap. "Mom, I don't give a fuck who you fuck!!! I don't want to hear any fuckin thing about your fuckin' games!! Get the hell outa my face with that shit."  And I leave the room.

My brothers stealthily cheer me on. I finally stood up to her and they are smiling on the other side of their face. Then this part of the dream stops.

So I am writing this to express, that at some point in everyone's life we come to a point where we may not use good judgment in our responses to a situation. But if this young man had been abused in anyway, or over a period of time that he just snapped and called his mother a "bitch" it may be more telling than what has been reported.
We don't know what happened in that household, but my dreams helps me to see that judging another's behavior without all the background information might have you in the wrong ballpark as to what is really going on in a situation.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAA_SWJQ5yI

No comments:

Post a Comment